Basic Session $150 and Includes:
- Up to a 15 minute session, 1 background, 1 image selected for retouch at the time of the session, head and shoulders only. Choice of backgrounds are found below either a Standard Background, Custom Background, or matching a digital background that your company provides. Standard Backgrounds are included in price. Turn around time is usually 1 business day.
Deluxe Session $200 and Includes:
- Up to a 30 minute session using one background, which is selected in advance of the session. Standard background selections are found below and are included in the cost of the session. We can also place you into a corporate background that you provide for us to match, or one of our Custom Backgrounds for an additional $20 each.
- 2 digital files of your choice are retouched and sent to you within 1 business day of session.
- 1 clothing change.
- Ideal for corporate, social media, and modeling.
Full Session $300 and Includes:
- Up to a 45 minute session, retouch of 3 images, a session with up to 2 clothing changes, all images placed at a personal link for viewing and download. Includes 3/4 and full length photos.
- Add $50 if you want the session done in our outdoor garden studio only.
- Ideal for corporate, social media, and modeling.
Indoor and Outdoor Head Shot Session $400 and Includes:
- A 1 hour session, retouch of 4 images, session with up to 3 clothing changes, all images placed at a personal link for viewing and download. Includes 3/4 and full length poses.
The Basic or Deluxe Session is ideal for those wanting formal and casual head shots for corporate, social media, and modeling.
- Pricing above is for 1 person. Additional people in the image, please contact us for pricing.
- Match closest to an existing background $20 per selected image.
- Session fee is due at time of the session. All pricing reflects a 10% discount when paying with cash. Payment is made with credit card or cash on the day of the session. Corporate clients please contact us for payment options.
- Additional files can be retouched at $15 per image and includes removal of blemishes, facial shine, and minor corrections to stray hair.
- Images converted to black & white $15 per image.
- For Head Shot Photography done at your location please call us (484-431-4524) or e-mail us for a price quote at email@example.com
Please visit our Corporate Photography page to see our gallery.
We have several options for making successful head shots and modeling portfolios. We can photograph you in a natural background setting at your location for dynamic looking portraits; photograph you on actual backgrounds that we use both in the studio and on location; or for a more contemporary look, we can place you in one of our custom made backgrounds for an additional cost.
How to Make Your Business Portrait Successful
Head shot photography, also called an executive portrait, or business portrait, is generally a head and shoulders portrait. The image may be used for a website, press releases, company brochure, resume, or other advertising.
The type of clothing worn will represent you and your company. Wear professional business attire that is classic and timeless so you will not have to update your head shot frequently.
Men should wear a suit jacket, sweater, or a nice dress shirt with a tie or open collar. Ties should not be bold or heavily striped. Women should wear a blouse or tailored jacket. There are no absolutes when selecting a wardrobe for portraits. Wear what makes you feel successful.
Wear clothing that is clean, pressed and well fitted. For this reason avoid clothing that looks sloppy or wrinkles. Long sleeves are preferred so that arms do not show.
Solid colors photograph best, and most people look good in mid-tones like green, blue, brown, and even the right shade of red on women works well and portrays power. Avoid colors like as white, beige, tan, very pale peach, pink, orange, yellow and gray because these colors may make you look washed out. People with darker skin tones should not wear light colors like white because of too much contrast. Avoid busy patterns, tweeds or plaids (they appear to move in digital format) and avoid deep, plunging necklines.
Wear glasses if you normally wear them. Non glare glasses work best.
Jewelry can be a great accessory, but should not cause shine when using flash photography, or distract from your face. Less is usually more. Necklaces look best when they are shorter and mimic the general neckline of your blouse.
With makeup, wear what you would for a nice evening out, well done, but not overdone. Avoid overly glossy or shimmery makeup as it will catch the light and be distracting. Even if you don’t normally wear makeup, your pictures will look better if you at least wear foundation. Your skin tone will be more even. If necessary, bring extra powder to reapply during the shoot to avoid shine.
Background selection is important so that it doesn’t distract from your head shot and should complement your clothing and colors. Neutral colors such as gray or white, even black are always classic. We normally use a gray or blue/gray background for Executive Head Shots. Sometimes we use a natural setting in an office or outside of the office showing the building.
Arrive to your session camera ready, wearing your hair and makeup the way you would when you are trying to look your best. For men, make sure facial hair is well groomed. The rest of your face should be fresh-shaven. In addition to styling on the day of the session, please make sure your haircut is the way you like it and that your hair color is at its best, including hair roots. Avoid tan lines or sunburns.
Lastly, let your photographer know if you have any facial concerns or angles that you don’t like before the session begins.
And relax, you might even have fun!